The Future Oceans Lab (FOL) at the University of Vigo (futureoceanslab.uvigo.es) offers a temporary full-time position for a project manager of a EU project within the field of marine resources to cover a maternity leave, expecting highly motivated professionals. FOL is a young and very active research group focused on an ERC research project, CLOCK: Climate Adaptation to Shifting Stocks, leaded by Dr Elena Ojea.
Research field: Economics - Fishery economy - Environmental science - Global change
Type of contract: Temporary (7 months)
Job status: Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Offer starting date: 27/11/2017
Location: The group is located in Torre Cacti at the University of Vigo, Campus Lagoas-Marcosende.
(EURAXESS Job Offer id: 253595)
The successful candidate will be in charge of the Project Management Work Package, and will help researchers through supporting activities and procedures to fulfill commitments and communicate results. The position involves research outreach and dissemination, as well as group support and coordination.
Some responsibilities (not limited to):
- Administrative and financial day to day management of the project in collaboration with personnel at the University, and at the EU-ERCEA;
- Manage task lists, track deliverables and next steps from meetings and workshops and help organise project execution;
- Schedule and coordinate group travel, meetings, workshops and events, including developing agendas, sending event invitations, handling reimbursements and coordinating meeting logistics;
- Coordinate recruitment, hiring and appointments for staff, post-doctoral scholars and interns;
- Process paperwork to manage grants, cooperative agreements, contracts and other partnership materials;
- Assisting the Principal Investigator in developing project budgets, doing the annual operating financial projections, and grant reporting;
- Support visiting scholars, including facilitating visa applications, booking travel and other logistics;
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Recognised Researcher (R2)
Education level: Master Degree or equivalent
Excellent level of english
- Experience in administrative tasks in research projects;
- Excellent communication skills, fluent English speaker;
- Excellent computer skills including fluency in office, google apps and social media.
Application deadline: 31/10/2017 20:00 - Europe/Athens
Please find more information on the link: